Lonsdale in Bloom

Although my internet pal Tasia at Sewaholic launched her pattern line in November 2010, it wasn’t until this week that I finally got around to making one of her patterns, the recently released Lonsdale Dress.

Lonsdale in Bloom

When I first saw the pattern in her newsletter I knew I had to make it, and furthermore that I had the perfect fabric for it. Except that turned out that I only had half as much of it as I needed, in a one-way large repeat pattern and there was no way that I was going to make it work.

Lonsdale in Bloom

So I did some stash diving and pulled out this purple chrysanthemum (?) print I snagged at Marden’s on a field trip with Maggie almost two years ago. It was still a one-way pattern, but with a bit of shifting pieces around, I got the whole thing cut out. Which was the most difficult part of the whole project.

Shake!

I threw caution to the wind with this project and cut it out in my recommended size (all one size! thanks to her “pear-sized” grading) and just went at it  – no muslin, no tissue fitting, no nothing, and it fits great.

Lonsdale in Bloom

Work-ready styling!

Tasia put together a truly lovely pattern. The whole thing is seven pattern pieces, with simple construction, which meant I could take the time to focus and finish the project really nicely. The included instructions are clear and I used the sew-along posts to do some additional details like French-seamed pockets and stay-tape on the bodice. I’m super proud of the way the inside of this dress  from seam finishes to zipper to hem.

I love the way this dress turned out, and if you’re reading this Tasia, I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Advertisements