At a friend’s request, here are a few tips on making cup-pies.
- I’m generally able to get 10 cup-pies out of one regular pie’s worth of crust and filling.
- For the bottom crust I cut a 4-inch circle, and used a 3-inch biscuit cutter for the top.
- The thicker the bottom crust, the easier it will be to pop them out of the cupcake tin.
- There’s no need to grease or line the cupcake tins at all.
- I probably overfilled these a bit as they leaked a bit during cooking, so a little under the tin rim is probably best.
- Don’t forget to vent the top!
- For extra flair, I brushed the tops with milk and then sprinkled them with a bit of granulated sugar.
- I cook them at 350-375°F for 30 minutes, or until the filling bubbles. For this batch then broiled the tops for about a minute to get them golden brown.